Salary : £12,558 per annum.
No. vacancies : 1
Contract Type : Permanent
Weekly hours : 21
Published date : 06/01/2023
Closing date : 30/01/2023
Reporting to the Executive Director, Derry Diocesan Trust is recruiting an Administrative Officer to assist in the smooth running of Derry Diocesan Trust. The post requires the individual to be self-motivated, confident and competent in written and oral communication and to be an effective organiser. The nature of the work requires that a high degree of confidentiality is maintained at all times. The postholder will be expected to demonstrate initiative and discretion whilst carrying out duties. .
- Assisting Diocesan staff in administrative tasks.
- Entering data, maintaining databases, keeping records and maintain filing systems.
- Organising meetings and scheduling appointments.
- Preparing documentation and taking detailed minutes of meetings of Diocesan Committees.
- Supporting the work of Diocesan Committees.
- Typing and compiling presentations and correspondence.
- Preparation and maintenance of reports in the areas of finance, HR and property.
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end financial reports.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a HNC, or equivalent in a business-related subject OR 3 years plus experience in an office administrative/management position.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths and English Language to Grade C, or equivalent.
- At least 2 years relevant administrative experience.
- At least 2 years experience of maintaining accounting systems.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication and organisation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Excel and MS Access.
- Working knowledge and understanding of GDPR.
- Legal Secretarial Experience.
- Experience as a Minute Secretary.
- Production of financial reports.
Worktime: 9am – 5pm.
For application packs please contact: Bishop’s House, St Eugene’s Cathedral, Francis Street, Derry, BT48 9AP, telephone 028 7126 2302 or email: email@example.com Completed applications must be returned to Personnel, Bishop’s House, St Eugene’s Cathedral, Francis Street, Derry, BT48 9AP or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4.30pm on 30.01.2023. Derry Diocesan Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome applications from all men and women and from members of all communities.