Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Days: Monday to Friday
Salary: £13,000 gross per annum
The successful candidate will be responsible for organising the delivery of activities within the centre and projects undertaken by the Waterside Women’s Centre.
Location: WATERSIDE WOMEN’S CENTRE
170 Spencer Road, Derry ~Londonderry BT47 6AH
§ To work collaboratively with the management committee and share responsibility along with job share colleague for the management and strategic development of Waterside Women’s Centre; to deliver services to women and children in the community.
§ To manage Waterside Women’s Centre activities including the creche facility.
§ To promote the development of activities and facilities to support women and women’s groups.
§ To maintain and develop fundraising and partnerships with other agencies voluntary and statutory.
§ To supervise staff.
§ To work effectively and collaboratively with women from all backgrounds.
§ To represent Waterside Women’s Centre on committees and groups; engage with other women’s sector organisations and development projects as directed by the management committee.
§ To network and engage with other Women’s Sector organisation and contribute to the future sustainability of the women’s sector.
§ To work directly with ESF Prosper 3 participants at Waterside Women’s Centre. To ensure that Quality Assurance is implemented, liaise with employers and businesses to identify job opportunities in the project area, working with participants to ensure that they access the projects support and engagement activities.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To have responsibility for the following:
1. The day-to-day management of the Centre.
2. Managing and overseeing the delivery of all projects undertaken by the Centre.
3. Liaise with tutors and organise the current courses at the Centre.
4. Supervising staff including administration, project and crèche/childcare staff.
5. Fundraising and completing grant applications.
6. Completing monitoring returns and evaluation reports for funding bodies.
7. Organise regular staff meetings and maintain records.
8. Ensuring premises are opened and closed, as and when required.
9. Maintaining and developing activities and facilities to support women and women’s groups.
10. Developing the use of the Waterside Women’s Centre, using the aims of the project as guidelines.
11. Organising Courses, Training Days and Seminars.
12. Building on present contacts, developing and building new relationships with other agencies.
13. Working with the management committee in drawing up future development plans for Waterside Women’s Centre e.g. working on a new strategic plan to develop the future direction and work of the centre in the coming years.
14. Working with management committee and staff to review operational plans and budgets to ensure that the Centre has the capacity to meet targets.
15. Working with the management committee to ensure safeguarding standards are maintained.
16. Working with the management committee and staff to prepare, agree and regularly review policies.
17. Co-ordinating and producing the Annual General Report.
18. Compiling written monthly reports for the management committee and attending management committee meetings
19. Attend relevant conferences, workshops and training as required
20. Promoting the work of the Waterside Women’s Centre through social media, radio and press in conjunction with the management committee.
21. No job description can cover every issue, which may arise within the post at various times. The post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time which may be required.
An application pack can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of completed application form and equality monitoring form: 5pm on Wednesday 14th April 2021
Interviews will take place on Thursday 22nd April
(Applications will be accepted by email or hard copy)
CVs will not be accepted