LTSB’s vision is “a world where all young people flourish, regardless of their background.”
We’ve partnered with NatWest Group because we’re looking for young people who are passionate about customer service to join Contact Centre apprenticeship opportunities with the bank through 2021.
We are offering places on two-week interactive bootcamps where you will receive employability training and insight into NatWest Group’s contact centre roles, followed by work experience at the bank’s centres.
Roles are available in Belfast, Edinburgh, Liverpool, and Southend-on-Sea.
After successfully completing the bootcamp and work experience you will immediately have an interview for an apprenticeship and permanent job.
On the apprenticeship you’ll study to gain a qualification while putting new skills to use in work, earning a competitive salary, and being supported professionally through the programme.
- Free two-week bootcamp delivered online (see below for dates)
- Interaction with NatWest Group staff during the bootcamp to give you an insight into the role and the culture of the bank
- Work experience at the contact centre in the location to which you’re applying – including an allowance for travel and lunch
- An interview for the Contact Centre apprenticeship and permanent role
- Salary for successful candidates:
- Belfast: £19,530
- Edinburgh: £19,125
- Liverpool: £19,125
- Southend-on-Sea: £19,800
Location, Dates and Deadlines
Roles are available in the following locations. To find out what the apprenticeship study programme in your location includes, click the relevant link, but remember to return to this site to apply.
Providing Financial Services apprenticeship study programme (Level 3)
- Late June bootcamp for early August job start date. Apply by 10am on 21st June.
- Early September bootcamp for mid-October job start date. Apply by 10am on 2nd September.
About The Contact Centre Roles
You’ll be the first point of support for NatWest Group’s personal banking customers in one of the bank’s telephony banking teams.
The bank will look to you to deliver excellent service to its customers, keeping their needs and financial goals in mind at all times.
You’ll be educating customers in the different ways they can do their banking and supporting them in choosing the options that work best for them.
In this role you’ll be applying your customer service expertise when dealing with and referring customer queries. Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions like paying bills, or helping customers identify products and services that are right for them, you’ll be on the other end of the phone to take their calls.
You’ll need to be flexible and work a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 7am and 9pm Monday to Sunday. You’ll be required to work 2 in 3 weekends and bank holiday working is a feature of this role.
NatWest Group will discuss your hours in more detail during the interview stage.
We are looking for young people aged 16– 24 who are passionate about building a career in customer experience in the Contact Centre telephony and complaints teams at NatWest Group. You don’t need previous experience, but you do need to show evidence of a genuine interest in the sector.
- 16-24 years old
- Educated at a state school
- You may have been entitled to Free School Meals or Pupil Premium at some point in your education (English schools)
- We are looking for young people with a passion for learning and helping customers have the best experience. There is no minimum academic criteria although Maths and English GCSE in England and Northern Ireland, or National 5 qualifications in Scotland would be an advantage
It would be ideal if you can provide evidence of your grade A-C or Level 4, Maths and English GCSE or equivalent results, but this is not essential. If you didn’t manage to achieve the grades or can’t provide evidence of your qualifications, NatWest Group will help you to obtain them during your apprenticeship.
Dedication and passion for helping customers is vital. You’ll be a real people person, with excellent listening and communication skills.
We’re also looking for you to demonstrate:
- The determination to go the extra mile for customers every day to provide that truly personal service
- Great listening skills to understand the needs of the customer, along with the ability to empathise with your customer’s situation and remain calm under pressure
- The ability to handle large volumes of calls and achieve quality results while maintaining high levels of detail
- Good numerical and organisational skills
- The determination to take ownership of your career, learning and developing new skills
The apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background. It’s a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
Apprenticeship opportunities are designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful in the role. There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You won’t be able to join the programme if you have the same or equivalent qualification, or work experience at a similar level in a similar field. This may include a related apprenticeship, a university degree or a role in which you may have developed similar skills.
We’ll carry out an eligibility check as part of the application process.
How To Apply
To apply for a place on one of our bootcamps, please follow these simple steps:
- Click the button below to go to our application form.
- Please choose the location that you’re applying for.
- The form will ask you certain questions about your skills and your background to check your eligibility. Please complete all sections fully, and give as much detail as you can. Please include your predicted / on track grades if you do not have your final grades finalised or have been unable to complete your studies due to Covid-19.
- Once you have completed and submitted your application, the LTSB team will assess it. We will check that you are eligible, and will be in touch to let you know.
- If you are confirmed to be eligible, you can expect to receive a follow-up phone call from one of the LTSB team. We will want to find out more about you and why you are interested in a career in customer service.
- We will fast track you through an assessment process so that, if successful, you can join the next available bootcamp in your chosen location.