For our customers, you’ll be more than just the friendly voice and face of Santander. You’ll be a listener and problem solver.It’s what makes this role so rewarding. Whether you’re helping someone calling our contact centre, doing a simple cash transaction or protecting your customers against fraud and scams, you’ll never know what the next challenge will be. Just as no two customers here are the same, no two days will be either.What’s not in doubt is that you’ll have plenty of support. Life in a branch can be busy and challenging, so we’re a close-knit team. We take each other seriously too. If you have an idea about how we can improve things, we want to hear it.You’re the eyes and ears of our business after all.What you’ll be doing
- Helping customers by answering inbound calls to our contact centre for up to 75% of your time
- Being the first point of contact for customers in branch for up to 25% of your time
- Assisting with day-to-day transactions, queries and servicing
- Building relationships and finding solutions
- Developing your knowledge of services and products to help our customers
- Identifying new ways to improve the customer experience
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in a customer service role
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Computer and numeracy skills
- Real desire to go above-and-beyond for customers
- Team player with a flexible, can-do approach to work
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract position.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your contract duration.
The salary range for this role is £17,632
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.
Apply on company site