Hours Per Week: 8
Vacancy Type: Temp
Advertising End Date: 31 Dec 2022
Sales Assistant – £6.72 – £9.85 per hour. Weekend only role
Our store in Londonderry is looking for a minimum 8Hours per week Sales Assistant to support us over our busy weekends.
Looking for a rewarding role in retail?!
Love working as part of a team?!
Want to thrive in a fast-paced environment?!
…then come and work for an organisation voted one of the top five retail companies to work for in the UK !!
What to know more?
Our Sales Assistants are our foundations; a wonderful team of people at the heart of our stores. With customer focus the number one priority, our Sales Assistants are the first point of call for lending a helping hand and are always interacting with customers, ensuring they leave with exactly what they want and a positive lasting impression.
What the role involves:
The role involves being trained in all aspects of customer facing store life:
· Tills – Serving customers with purchases or returns taking care to check all items are complete and fragile items are packed securely.
· Shop floor – Assisting customers to find the products they are looking for and providing an excellent memorable service to create and maintain, customer loyalty and a genuine love for our products and people.
· Hosting – If a customer can’t find what they’re looking for on our shelves, you will use our successful iPad systems to order products to be delivered to customers homes. Made To Measure department creating orders of bespoke curtain and blinds to customers specifications. Textiles and Styling our departments such as the super popular bedding displays.
· Stock and Delivery – A very physical role with lots of heavy lifting involved! This is not solely warehouse based and is a customer facing role. Focusing on merchandising, updating price changes, recovering the stores after a busy day, actioning deliveries, stock control and ordering and shop-floor replenishment, whilst always remembering our customers’ needs!
All we ask…
… is that you are a confident, personable and sociable individual, excited at the prospect of working in an ever-growing retail environment.
You must be open to helping your colleagues across the store; always contributing to your team and reporting successfully to your team leaders and store management team.
What’s in it for you?
· Holiday entitlement of 28 days.
· Days off so you can celebrate your Birthday and also when you move ‘Home’ so you can get settled in.
· Family leave – Maternity and paternity leave.
· A cool 15% discount on all Dunelm products, in-store and online to help make your house a ‘Home’.
· Amazing Internal colleague network groups where our colleagues are empowered to create environments where everyone can feel at Home and communicate.
· Contribution to your pension scheme for the twilight years.
· Fantastic sharesave option where colleagues can buy Dunelm shares on a monthly basis at a discounted rate to build up an investment for that rainy day.
· Cycle to work scheme to help keep colleagues fit and help with air pollution, travel costs, tax and national insurance.
· Continuous training and ongoing coaching so colleagues feel confident and in control of their role.
· A caring and diverse colleague wellbeing support which includes access to our colleague financial support fund, an online medical GP and counselling support which is provided by our partnership with Retail Trust.
· Tonnes of genuine career opportunities and the support to grow your career through the business as each individual colleague wishes to.
And many many more… plus!!… discounts and cashback from restaurants, cinema, hotels and fashion retailers!!
Dunelm is committed to becoming a fully inclusive business that is representative of our customers and locations. We recognise the value in diversity and welcome applications from all candidates regardless of sex, age, race, religion, ability, gender or sexual identity, socio-economic background or education. We are committed to making Dunelm a place where everyone can enjoy a successful career and have systems in place to support all our staff. We are seeking applications from candidates who share our values and celebrate diversity in all its forms.
Apply on their website : Sales Assistant – Weekend Only – Dunelm Careers