Salary: £20,444 – £22,129 per annum pro rata
No. vacancies: 2
Contract Type: Permanent
Weekly hours: 35
Published date: 16/06/2022
Closing date: 01/07/2022
To be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of a catering service. Team participation is essential to provide an efficient hygienic service, to achieve customer satisfaction and to promote sales within the unit(s). .
- Execute skilled cooking activities connected to the full range of menu provision for example preparation of menus, portion control, special dietary meals and function catering where appropriate.
- Organise and supervise food service, to include all aspects, service points and the transportation of meals.
- Actively promote the service through parents, principals and customers to increase the uptake of meals.
- Ensure that the kitchen and dining centres, if applicable, meet current standards of food safety legislation.
- See job information for more detail
Skills and Qualifications
- NVQ level 2 in food preparation and cooking or City & Guilds 706-1 & 706-2 or equivalent or higher relevant qualification
- Three years experience of food preparation and cooking within a catering establishment
- Evidence of effective supervision or management of a catering team
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Knowledge of stock control and budget management
- Willingness to undertake job related training
- Evidence in the practical use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of delivering training
- The successful candidate will be required: to have access to a suitable vehicle or provide sufficient information on the application form that will satisfy the employer that he/she has access to an appropriate alternative form of transport
Work time: Monday – Friday
Please apply online at: https://eani.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=22003042&lang=en (copy and paste link to your browser)